So last night we went and tried out a new restaurant, The Vineyard, to celebrate the day of love, romance, Cupid, and all things pink and red. We got to the restaurant and right away Mike ordered the drink special...two margaritas (my favorite). Although I would love to get my hands on a big margarita, preferably the Texas Margarita from El Loro, it usually doesn't bother me that I can't enjoy a tart, sweet tequila drink and Mike can but I guess my pregnancy hormones are kicking in because this immediately put me on the edge...why does HE get to have margaritas when I can't?!! Then I couldn't decide what to order because everything that looked good I can't have because I'm pregnant. Lobster...mmm...nope-can't have it. Crab...mmm...nope-can't have it. Steak...mmm...nope-can't have it unless it's well done. Mike then orders a prime rib medium rare and now my hormones are winning and my (pregnancy) crabbiness is taking over. I can feel it in my blood, in my bones, and he's just sitting there smiling at me from across the table. And actually, not just smiling but laughing and mimicking me. I stare back because I'm (pregnant) mad but then have to look down and pretend to still be contemplating my dinner order because I can feel myself starting to cry because now I'm (pregnant) upset.
All of a sudden his phone rings and he answers it--let me remind you we are at a restaurant in the middle of our Valentine's Day dinner! It takes all of my will power to not let the (pregnancy) crabby hormones declare victory by reaching over and choking him....
Well, Mike is a lucky, lucky man because as fast as my severe moodiness takes over it usually goes away. What an interesting new addition to my life as a pregnant woman. So now that I'm finally physically feeling pretty normal I get to become emotionally (pregnant) imbalanced/crazy. Can't win 'em all, right? ;)
Although we had a rough start it ended up being a great Valentine's Day dinner. I even felt like we were on a first date or something as we both started spouting out our favorite movies...especially the comedies and our favorite parts and lines. We even learned that we have the same favorite comedy-Super Troopers. Mike's reaction to this new piece of knowledge--"Where have you been all my life?!!"
After dinner we headed home and took some new belly pics to post on the blog. This is another story that will have to be saved for later....
Here's one of the 20+ pics we attempted to take (seriously). Hope you enjoy!


Cute picture Cody! Pregnancy hormones are a funny thing, that's for sure.
ReplyDelete