Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to the beginning

Since this is our first blog we'll see how this idea pans out... Our goal is to keep our family and friends updated on how my pregnancy is going but w/ both of us having super busy schedules we'll see if we can actually do a decent job of blogging and keeping everyone updated. This would mean that on Mike's down time he may have to put off the online poker for just a little bit and during my down time I'd actually have to turn the tv off (or at least try not to pay attention to it) and give you all the updates on the latest and greatest....our little baby E.

So to get you all up to speed....we found out we were pregnant on the morning of November 2nd. Mike didn't know I had decided to take the test a couple days early so it was fun to surprise him w/ "I'm pregnant!" and his reply "How do you even know that?". We were able to wait all of about 2 hours before we called Grandma-to-be and Grandpa-to-be Engelhaupt to share our good news. It also took Grandma-to-be only about a minute and a half to guess why we were calling on speaker phone and asking to talk to her and Pat at the same time. After she guessed the big surprise and called Pat in from mowing the lawn we were able to let him in on the secret too. We hung up and had to laugh because we knew Pat was probably back out on his John Deere smoking a cigar w/ a big smile on his face thinking about the next Engelhaupt generation that was on its way.

Fast forward a couple hours later and we arrived at the Kruse house w/ presents in tow. They couldn't figure out why all 3 of them would get presents from us at the same time out of the blue but I still think Sadie picked up on it right away. (She's my bff and knows me better than I know myself on most days so I'm sure she knew what our little gifts were all about.) Grandma-to-be and Grandpa-te-be Kruse opened up their matching baby onesies that announced "My Grandma rides a Harley" and "My Grandpa rides a Harley" and their responses could have been easily predicted....my mom teared up and my dad gave us a big thumbs up (which he saves for only the greatest of things such as Toby Keith's concert, a great catch by a teammate on the softball field, or the announcement of his first grandbaby). My mom went towards Mike for a hug w/ tears still welling up in her eyes and his response was something along the lines of "I don't want to deal w/ this. Go see Cody." Oh....the love and understanding of a son-in-law is something else isn't it? Auntie Sadie also produced a small onesie from her gift bag that announced "I love my aunt and all her tattoos". It was actually a print-out of the one that I still need to order...

Anyways, all in all it was a wonderful, loving, exciting, and emotional day for the Kruse and Engelhaupt family that I love to share w/ others. Hope you enjoyed my very first blog ever....wish me luck that there will be more! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is great and the first time ever that I've posted something on a blog. This grandchild is already calling the shots. Hopefully we can pull grandpa away from poker, so we can follow along! Love it...the ma part of the grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cody and Mike ~
    What good news to hear! We have always heard "wait tell you become grandparents!" and how great it is and they were right! Congrats to you and the "new grandparents!"
    Love ~ Brian and Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start for the blog and for baby E! Can't wait to continue getting the news. Stay well, everybody, and take care of my second grand-niece/nephew! Love to all! Ann

    ReplyDelete