Mike and I have learned more about false labor contractions than we ever wanted to.
I woke up at 5am on Saturday morning with contractions that seemed to come every 20 minutes or so. I called Mike (he was at work at the golf course) and I was so excited to let him know. Once he got home we started timing the contractions and for awhile they got closer together but as I became more active the contractions weren't coming as consistently. This continued all day long. We called the hospital's Labor & Delivery line several times just to be told that we needed to wait until contractions were 5 minutes apart for one hour before we came in. At this point the time between contractions ranged everywhere from 6 minutes apart to over an hour apart yet I was still in a lot of pain because my abdomen and back were staying contracted. Well, around midnight I couldn't take the pain anymore and we went in. It was a long drive (both ways since they sent us back home) to find out that I was only dilated to a 1.
After getting home around 3am we both went straight to bed. I was exhausted from being in so much pain all day and slept soundly until a little before 8am when the contractions started again. They were incredibly intense and were coming every 10-15 minutes until I got up around 10:30am- that's when they started to taper off. Through out the day they became less and less frequent and less intense when they did come. Mike and I ran some errands and even went up to Majestic Oaks where he played 6 holes of golf and I walked along in hopes to get things started again (which didn't work out the way we would have liked).
Now I'm writing this blog at 6:45am after being up all night w/ contractions. And yes, you guessed it- w/ false labor contractions again which means the contractions are just painful and annoying but don't bring me any further along in my journey of labor and delivery. Around 4:45am the contractions were only 7-9 minutes apart so I woke up Sadie and we walked up and down our street for about 40 minutes. As we did this again the contractions slowed down. We came back in the house and I laid down to try and get some sleep. After that my contractions slowed down to 23 minutes apart then 14 then 12. I called Labor & Delivery again just to be told that I was having false labor contractions. I guess they're my body's favorite kind since that's all I have.
Now I'm up and trying to be active so my contractions will go away. What a weird thing for a pregnant woman 39 weeks and 5 days along to say...
We'll try and do a better job of updating this blog to let everyone know how we're doing. Hopefully next time you log in you'll find out that our little Ellie has arrived!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment