Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We had our ultrasound today...




...and Baby E is a Girl!!!

We got up bright and early for our 7:30am ultrasound appointment today.  Right away we got to see a great profile pic of Baby E.  After that the tech roamed around the baby's little body and showed us some of the vital organs: the heart, the brain, and the kidneys.  She did measurements of each and then moved on to show us the hands and legs.  All of this sounds like it goes pretty quick but it doesn't....about 40 minutes had passed and the tech still hadn't told us the gender.

At one point we were looking at the legs and Mike whispered "Girl" to me and I had to nod my head to agree.  It seemed pretty obvious to us but the tech hadn't said anything yet so just waited patiently.  After awhile she finally asked if we wanted to know the gender and of course we said yes!  Mike was right!  Baby E is a she!  :)

Our little Miss E already has lots of energy just like her dad.  While the tech was trying to take pictures of her feet she decided to do a little dance because she seems to not be able to sit still!  Her hands were always moving too.  Up and down like she was waving to us and then one would move up by her mouth and then the second one would come up too like she was going to play the trumpet.  Or like Mike said "It looks like she's getting ready to box someone!".

I'll post some of the ultrasound pics and then maybe I'll even get Mike to post something on "our" blog later today.  Hope everyone is doing well!  Can't wait for our little girl to meet everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are great! Nothing like when I had an ultrasound. Love the trumpet pic, although maybe she's getting ready to shoot a basket! Soooooooooooo exciting. I did have to buy some girly outfits today.
    love ya,
    madre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mew pics of your new baby girl. She looks like an athlete already. Love you guys. shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...This techno stuff is unbelievable!
    Your news is better than Flying Squirrels!

    ReplyDelete